|Powers and Abilities|
Solar Energy Absorption
Improved Sense of Smell
Ultraman has a human-like appearance with green eyes and hair. He has a black and green suit with a white "U" on his chest.
The Omnitrix symbol is found on the belt.
Powers and Abilities
- Kryptonian Physiology: Under the rays of a yellow sun, Ultraman has acquired enormous power to wield as he sees fit. The sequel covers its varied power set.
- Solar Energy Absorption: Ultraman absorbs solar radiation and stores it in its cells to survive. The rays of a white sun could amplify its strength beyond normal limits, while the rays of an orange sun reduced strength and invulnerability to levels at which collisions with small meteoroids could stun it. The rays of a red sun instantly denied all his powers and made him the equivalent of a man with a well-trained, albeit vulnerable, body.
- Superhuman Strength: Ultraman possesses a truly extraordinary level of strength, not capable of being precisely measured, but certainly well within the range of being able to press or lift millions to sextillions of tons.
- Invulnerability: Ultraman's body was virtually invulnerable to all forms of mundane and ordinary harm. Neither bullets nor bazookas could upset the almost invincible Ultraman. It could even withstand an atomic bomb blast, and even the force and heat of planetary explosions and supernovae had the power to stun Ultraman only momentarily.
- Accelerated healing
- Longevity: Ultraman can live almost indefinitely if he resides under continuous exposure to Earth's sunlight or that of another yellow star / sun.
- No oxygen: It does not need oxygen to breathe, allowing it to travel in space and underwater without protection.
- Superhuman Endurance: Has the ability to maintain continuous physical activity for an indefinite period. While not unlimited, Ultraman's stamina is truly considerable. Its resilience in the face of dangers that could potentially annihilate planets, galaxies and even entire universes is enormous.
- Flight: Superman is capable of defying gravity.
- Superhuman Speed: He is able to move, react, run and fly at superhuman speeds.
- Dimensional travel
- Super friction
- Time travel
- Superhuman hearing: Ultraman has greatly increased hearing sensitivity to even the slightest changes in sound and pitch, allowing him to hear noises from around the world.
- Improved sense of smell
- Improved senses
- Super-Breath: Ultraman can create hurricane winds by blowing and exhaling even super-cooled gas to freeze a target.
- Heat Vision: Ultraman can emit rays of intense heat from his eyes, a product of its ability to optically release electromagnetic radiation over a range of wavelengths.
- Super Vision:
- Telescopic vision: the ability to focus one's vision to see something at a great distance, without violating the laws of physics.
- Microscopic vision: the ability to see extremely small objects and images down to the subatomic level.
- X-ray vision: the ability to see through anything but lead. Because it is passive, this ability would not generate harmful radiation in the same way as a hard X-ray focused projection.
- Kryptonite: There were various types of kryptonite, most of which affected Ultraman in particular and invariably negative ways.
- Green Kryptonite: Could deny Superman's powers in seconds and immobilize Ultraman with waves of excruciating pain. Prolonged exposure would lead to deadly radiation poisoning and discolor Ultraman's blood and tissues to green.
- The red kryptonite: emitted radiation that would have mutated Superman in unpredictable ways.
- The golden kryptonite: emitted radiation that would permanently destroy Ultraman's powers without causing him direct physical harm.
- Magic Vulnerability: Ultraman has no special invincibility to damage dealt by mystical means and could often be rendered powerless by the forces of magic.
- Red Sun Radiation Vulnerability: When exposed to the frequency range of electromagnetic radiation emitted by a red sun, Ultraman lost all of his superpowers and became, for all intents and purposes, equivalent to a normal man his age and build.
- Psyker Vulnerability: Ultraman could be totally incapacitated by a psychic intrusion if the source of the intrusion were able to subvert his mental defenses quickly enough.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.