This version of Ultimate Crashhopper was created by CaT and is free for anyone to use.
Alongside his new wings, the web-like spring structures on Crashhopper's legs, termed here as "Hoppers", are now present on Ultimate Crashhopper's arms and back, giving him more versatility in combat. Each set of Hoppers is slightly different, making them more suited to their given roles. These Hopper types consist of:
- Punch Hopper: The Hoppers found on Ultimate Crashhopper's arms. Lacking the extra joint found in Crashhopper's legs, these Hoppers create more of a "slamming" motion when used, contracting to pull the forearms in and expanding to throw them outwards.
- Kick Hopper: The Hoppers found on Ultimate Crashhopper's legs. These work more or less the same as the leg Hoppers in Crashhopper's base form, albeit with more jumping power.
- Rising Hopper: The Hoppers found on Ultimate Crashhopper's back. These Hoppers are connected to Ultimate Grasshopper's wings, allowing him to snap them closed in different directions to perform evasive maneuvers mid-air.
Ultimate Crashhopper's Hoppers can still be activated against his will by being hit correctly.
While flying is useful for Ultimate Crashhopper, it is exponentially slower than jumping.
Ultimate Crashhopper's evolution simulation is run primarily to counteract his natural predator, Mucilator.
Most prominent among his adaptations are his brightly-colored wings, which propel him much more slowly than jumping, but allow him to stay in the air indefinitely, essentially rendering his ground-based predator that lacks any ranged attacks useless.
These wings can also be snapped open in an emergency to startle a predator, combining with Ultimate Crashhopper's enlarged spikes to give him a much more fearsome appearance.
If Ultimate Crashhopper appears in your series, please note his appearances here:
- Ultimate Crashhopper's design is based on the adult dark morph of the eastern lubber grasshopper.
- Ultimate Crashhopper's Hoppers are named after several forms from the Kamen Rider franchise; PunchHopper and KickHopper from Kamen Rider Kabuto, and Rising Hopper from Kamen Rider Zero-One.
- Ultimate Crashhopper also references Kamen Rider in several design aspects. His mouth plates reference the helmet of Kamen Rider Ichigo, while his side horns resemble the fully-spread crest of Kamen Rider Agito. His modified eyes reflect the general compound eye aesthetic used across the Kamen Rider franchise.
|The CaT Collection|