FANDOM


  • BTFF EX is basically BTFF with the added benefit that you can write fanfiction about anything, DC, Marvel, Star Wars etc. you name it. It's basically like TEE but not as loose. Right now, the staff consists of the  Yopo, CaT and Mig.

    Currently, Yopo and Primal are working on CSS, coding, themes and what not.

    CaT or Rob (whoever volunteers) can make the logo.

    You can all help the wiki start up, and look professional by asking one of the three admins (that is Yopo, CaT and Mig) on what you can help out with.

    I'll be off now. All future updates will be posted here, until clogged up. 

      Loading editor
    • An idea we had on chat is to make the wiki purple/pink since that's the opposite of Green.

      Another idea Street had was to make it black and white since every color exists between black and white.

        Loading editor
    • here is a link to the website if you want to visit: http://btffex.wikia.com

        Loading editor
    • This is cool, I like it. However, the opposite of green is red.

        Loading editor
    • Migster7 wrote:
      This is cool, I like it. However, the opposite of green is red.


      I meant the inverse frick. Anyway right now I've set it to a sort of neutral mix of black, white, red, and purple till we decide.

        Loading editor
    • Yopo is just stupid like that.

      In my idea's defense. Its symbolism. Its metaphorical. Since we're allowing everything to write. The logical choice should be black and white, since every color exists between black and white.

        Loading editor
    • Holy crap I just presented the idea of myself writing freelance stories and here you guys are creating a new section of the site dedicated to that, brilliant

        Loading editor
    • It's not a new section, it's a new site.

        Loading editor
    • How can i help?

        Loading editor
    • StreetMaster wrote:

      You can all help the wiki start up, and look professional by asking one of the three admins (that is Yopo, CaT and Mig) on what you can help out with.

      @Reo, dunno, probably not what was in the post.

        Loading editor
    • Primal, the post said to ask, and he just asked. What's your point here?

      Anyways, there's not much to do until people start creating content for the wiki, but we'll let you know about anything that pops up.

        Loading editor
    • ChromastoneandTabby wrote:
      Primal, the post said to ask, and he just asked. What's your point here?

      Anyways, there's not much to do until people start creating content for the wiki, but we'll let you know about anything that pops up.

      I already made pages for my movie :D

        Loading editor
    • Okay so I've realised something, albeit a bit too late since you guys have gone and done it anyway.

      When you specialise in everything, you specialise in nothing.

      seriously, if people wanted a fanfic wiki for anything and everything, fanfiction.net already exists. Personally the reason I joined this wiki in the first place was because I wanted somewhere that'd actually understand what I was talking about in my series. Yopo pointed out the other day just how popular themed fanfic wikis are, well that's because fans (who already have common grounds to get to know eachother with) come together to celebrate the media in which they're writing for.

      What's BTFF EX going to do to make itself special, especially better than already existing general fanfic sites like the aforementioned Fanfiction.net?

      Combined with that, the admins now have TWO wikis each that they need to look after and monitor for trolls, spam, rule breaks, format fixes, coding errors, and update regularly.

      TL:DR this is a bad idea imo

        Loading editor
    • I agree with Arin, a wiki needs a focus to survive. Allowing everything leads to nothing.

        Loading editor
    • Aaronbill3 wrote:
      Okay so I've realised something, albeit a bit too late since you guys have gone and done it anyway.

      When you specialise in everything, you specialise in nothing.

      seriously, if people wanted a fanfic wiki for anything and everything, fanfiction.net already exists. Personally the reason I joined this wiki in the first place was because I wanted somewhere that'd actually understand what I was talking about in my series. Yopo pointed out the other day just how popular themed fanfic wikis are, well that's because fans (who already have common grounds to get to know eachother with) come together to celebrate the media in which they're writing for.

      What's BTFF EX going to do to make itself special, especially better than already existing general fanfic sites like the aforementioned Fanfiction.net?

      Combined with that, the admins now have TWO wikis each that they need to look after and monitor for trolls, spam, rule breaks, format fixes, coding errors, and update regularly.

      TL:DR this is a bad idea imo

      What if people wanted to write their stories for the same audience on BTFF? That was the primary reason, not everyone here uses Fanfiction.net but almost all the active users will use BTFFex

        Loading editor
    • weren't most active users also given access to heavenly den? remind me again of how many people actually wrote stuff there...

      If people want to write stuff for the BTFF audience they either write it here or write it elsewhere and link people here, why do we specifically need a new wikia for the even more niche audience of 'Ben-10-fans-who-also-occaisionally-read/write-other-genres-of-fanific'?

        Loading editor
    • heavenly den was literally made for shitposting, what are you talking about

      also tbh i never even wanted a new wiki, it was just a stupid idea i had, but dont you think the linking thing would be extremely weird and doesn't actually make sense?

        Loading editor
    • Aaron actually has a fairly good point. However, BTFFEx is basically for those people who don't want to write on Fanfiction.net or their own wikis.

      I'll admit it's rather redundant and kinda flat out pointless to have since those can easily be done, plus the admins now have to monitor it a lot, but since people seemed to enjoy the idea of it, I'd like to think it could become a success.

        Loading editor
    • Ren's initial idea for Heavenly Den was to be a more mature version of BTFF were swearing and more adult themes could be explored in the fanfic works instead of people meking their own wikis, like Alan had to. The fact that it has become nothing more than a shitposting wiki proves that either:

      A) We are not a mature enough wiki to handle excessive swearing and more mature themes

      or

      B) Yopo should not be trusted to lead an admin team alone.

      EDIT: the only real proof of Ren's initial idea is the fact it's called 'elders'BTFF

        Loading editor
    • Yes, but Yopo didn't make that wiki for the intent of fanfic, he made it so "people can shitpost there and keep BTFF clean". It didn't become that, it was always that. And it was called EldersBTFF as an inside joke between Ren and some other BTFF punk whose name i dont remember. But yes, I do get your point.

        Loading editor
    • ChromastoneandTabby wrote:
      Primal, the post said to ask, and he just asked. What's your point here?

      Anyways, there's not much to do until people start creating content for the wiki, but we'll let you know about anything that pops up.

      I was making a joke about how it said you can help the wiki start up but I probably should've made it clear. :P

        Loading editor
    • Aaron

      1) EldersBTFF was always made for the intent of a shitposting wiki. It originated as a joke on chat that it was our private wiki that CaT wasn't on. Then I came up with the idea to make it a legit site as a joke and it evolved from there. It was never intended to be for "more mature stories".

      2) BTFF EX is basically just a more official version of TEE. The issue with TEE is that the staff is random, BTFF staff isn't promoted there, everyone is pretty much chat mod, we can't be private when doing meetings, it's half-shitposting and half-non ben 10 fan fiction. BTFF EX is designed for people who want to post stories about stuff not related to Ben 10 (either original stories or stuff based on other series) yet still want the BTFF audience to see it. Instead of having to make a new account on a new site and link everyone or post it on another wiki and have to link everyone. Here is just like BTFF EX is apart of BTFF that people can browse and see the new stories. Similar to how things like MURDER are on TEE. It's not designed to be really active daily, it's just a place for BTFF users to post other stories not relating to Ben 10 and still have the BTFF fanbase see it since we are an abnormally active fanbase of people who talk regularly about non-Ben 10 things anyway.

        Loading editor
    • Well, I would've loved to make the wordmark, but seeing as how that's already covered, uh... yeah. I'll use it for a new fanfic I'll be releasing soon :) It was originally going to be on TEE but yeah I'd rather it be on a site like this.

        Loading editor
    • actually do make the word mark, what if yours is better?

        Loading editor
    • An Anonymous User
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.