FANDOM


  • I know a lot of you are excited for the upcoming Ben 10 Fan Fiction RPG, and don't worry, this is a project I'm seeing through to the end! Of course, it will take a while to make, because video game.

    So in the meantime, I've started this thread to answer any burning questions you might have about the project, from how the development is going, to what software I'm using to make it, and anything in-between!

      Loading editor
    • Which alien has been the most challeging to implement into the game?

        Loading editor
    • Ultra3000 wrote:
      Which alien has been the most challeging to implement into the game?

      Definitely Gemini (BTEU). All the others have pretty straightforward physical or elemental attacks, but Gemini's more abstract abilities are difficult to translate to a video game.

        Loading editor
    • Who is the most important character? Or are they all pretty balanced story wise?

        Loading editor
    • PokeRob wrote:
      Who is the most important character? Or are they all pretty balanced story wise?

      I've tried to make them as balanced as possible. Everyone more or less plays an equal role in the story, but since this is an RPG, it's likely that the player will select a few party members to be more important in battle than the rest.

        Loading editor
    • Will supporting canon characters, like Azmuth or Professor Paradox, appear?

        Loading editor
    • Ultra3000 wrote:
      Will supporting canon characters, like Azmuth or Professor Paradox, appear?

      Probably not. They wouldn't really do much, and considering how much of a pain spriting is, it wouldn't be worth the delay.

        Loading editor
    • How long will the game be to be 100% completed, or is it too early to tell?

        Loading editor
    • Ultra3000 wrote:
      How long will the game be to be 100% completed, or is it too early to tell?

      Too early at the moment, though you might be able to expect February. It all depends on how much time I actually have to work on it.

        Loading editor
    • What IS Gemini going to be doing for his attack?

        Loading editor
    • Greenwatchandabluebox wrote:
      What IS Gemini going to be doing for his attack?

      Well, since he's still in development, this might all change, but his current moveset consists of:

      • Fire Breath (Obvious choice)
      • Dual Attack (Since he's got two heads)
      • Vanish (Because of his phasing/teleporting abilities)
      • Imagineer Weapon (Creates a weapon that increases an ally's Attack)
      • Imagineer Armor (Creates armor that increases an ally's Defense)

      Do you have any other suggestions? (Within reason; I want to keep this balanced)

        Loading editor
    • How will Vaccine work, since he has three forms in total?

        Loading editor
    • ChromastoneandTabby wrote:
      Greenwatchandabluebox wrote:
      What IS Gemini going to be doing for his attack?
      Well, since he's still in development, this might all change, but his current moveset consists of:
      • Fire Breath (Obvious choice)
      • Dual Attack (Since he's got two heads)
      • Vanish (Because of his phasing/teleporting abilities)
      • Imagineer Weapon (Creates a weapon that increases an ally's Attack)
      • Imagineer Armor (Creates armor that increases an ally's Defense)

      Do you have any other suggestions? (Within reason; I want to keep this balanced)




      • Force Back (weak attack, causes enemy to back up, ideally into a wall or another enemy)


        Loading editor
    • Ultra3000 wrote:
      How will Vaccine work, since he has three forms in total?

      Well, the plan is to have him in Healing form as default, then switch to Infecting if he uses a particular move, then switch to Gestalt if he uses a different particular move, and if Gestalt uses either of these particular moves, he turns to the corresponding form.

      Heaven knows if I'll actually be able to do all that, but I've already got an idea planned out.

        Loading editor
    • Greenwatchandabluebox wrote:
      ChromastoneandTabby wrote:
      Greenwatchandabluebox wrote:
      What IS Gemini going to be doing for his attack?
      Well, since he's still in development, this might all change, but his current moveset consists of:
      • Fire Breath (Obvious choice)
      • Dual Attack (Since he's got two heads)
      • Vanish (Because of his phasing/teleporting abilities)
      • Imagineer Weapon (Creates a weapon that increases an ally's Attack)
      • Imagineer Armor (Creates armor that increases an ally's Defense)

      Do you have any other suggestions? (Within reason; I want to keep this balanced)


      • Force Back (weak attack, causes enemy to back up, ideally into a wall or another enemy)


      Since this is a turn-based RPG, attacks like that won't fly with the game engine. (It doesn't sound like a very unique attack either; just kinda shoving people.)

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, I couldn't think of anything else.

        Loading editor
    • What alien do I turn into? :P

        Loading editor
    • PokeRob wrote:
      What alien do I turn into? :P

      Whiplash. Most of the transformations are picked at random, buuut I thought it would be funny to give Bry your chain alien and you his chain alien. (Don't worry, they play differently)

        Loading editor
    • ChromastoneandTabby wrote:
      Ultra3000 wrote:
      How will Vaccine work, since he has three forms in total?
      Well, the plan is to have him in Healing form as default, then switch to Infecting if he uses a particular move, then switch to Gestalt if he uses a different particular move, and if Gestalt uses either of these particular moves, he turns to the corresponding form.

      Heaven knows if I'll actually be able to do all that, but I've already got an idea planned out.

      For the record, I have now, in fact, done all that. It was a lot easier than I expected.

        Loading editor
    • why'd you use the IRR version of Nightchain instead of the Mack 10 version?

        Loading editor
    • PokeRob wrote:
      why'd you use the IRR version of Nightchain instead of the Mack 10 version?

      No particular reason, I just figured it wouldn't matter. I can change it if you want.

        Loading editor
    • ChromastoneandTabby wrote:
      PokeRob wrote:
      why'd you use the IRR version of Nightchain instead of the Mack 10 version?
      No particular reason, I just figured it wouldn't matter. I can change it if you want.

      yes pls if it's easy, i don't want to cause trouble :p

        Loading editor
    • PokeRob wrote:
      ChromastoneandTabby wrote:
      PokeRob wrote:
      why'd you use the IRR version of Nightchain instead of the Mack 10 version?
      No particular reason, I just figured it wouldn't matter. I can change it if you want.
      yes pls if it's easy, i don't want to cause trouble :p

      Well, it took pulling an all-nighter, working myself half to death, and sacrificing several children to the Dark Lord, but all in all, it wasn't too much trouble.

      (P.S. I'm just kidding, it took like ten minutes at most.)
        Loading editor
    • thanks!

      nice to know that i'm not the only one who sacrifices children to the Dark Lord

        Loading editor
    • Except for Enoch, what's the progress on the other villains?

        Loading editor
    • Nothing so far. (Well, except for the Forever Knight Grunts, those are finished.) Enemies are probably one of the easier things to implement gameplay-wise, so I'm mostly focusing on getting the player characters and aliens finished first.

        Loading editor
    • Which alien is currently being developed?

        Loading editor
    • All of their general mechanics are already implemented (you could technically use all of them in a battle right now), so I'm basically just going through each of them to tweak their balance and moveset, as well as give them overworld sprites (which take forever to make and are a royal pain). I just finished up Nightchain, so I'll be moving on to Blyte next.

        Loading editor
    • An Anonymous User
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.