The Omnimatrix, referred to as the Omnitrix, is one of Azmuth's creations and the successor of the Ultimatrix.
The Omnitrix resembles a wristwatch. Its faceplate is now square instead of round and has an hour glass with green scheme on top. The faceplate is black with the green hourglass, representing the intergalactic peace symbol, and it has DNA tubes next to the wristbands. It is activated by slightly shaking the Omnitrix, and it only responds to the user's touch. The alien grid pops up, and by sliding trough the aliens presented, the wanted alien is selected by touch, making the grid to be split in four parts and the Omnitrix's core is revealed.
To promote inter-species understanding by allowing other beings to experience different ways of life and to serve as a repository for the DNA of over a million different intelligent species, preserving them in the event that any of them should ever be rendered extinct and restore them to life.
- Active: Active Mode is the Omnitrix's default mode - the Omnitrix can be used and nothing is wrong.
- Recharge: Recharge Mode's main purpose is to keep the Omnitrix from damaging the user by staying transformed for too long. It's deactivated automatically, once the Omnitrix is recharged.
- Scan: Scans DNA by being near the alien it detects. However, if the Omnitrix is far away from the detected sample, the Omnitrix's other functions will be disabled until the alien is scanned. If there are too many samples to scan at once, the Omnitrix may require a reboot, which could lead to a recalibration of the watch.
- Randomizer: The Omnitrix has a randomizer function that works in one of two ways: either the user will continuously change between different aliens every few minutes before timing out, or they will turn into one random alien for an inconsistently short period of time before changing back.
- Life-Form Lock: Allows the user to stay transformed for an extended period of time without a time-out. It is dangerous to use often.
- Master Control: The user can transform with a simple thought, neglecting the use of the dial. The limiter is also disabled, allowing the user to stay transformed indefinitely.
- Just like the original Omnitrix and the Ultimatrix, the Omnitrix mainly allows for the user to alter their DNA at will and transform into a numerous variety of alien species that are each with their own unique powers and abilities (along with their weaknesses) and in a selection of alien DNA that is in groups of 10.
- The Omnitrix has a holographic interface, where a holographic circle is shown, with the top half having alien faces, which is activated and scrolls through the aliens by the user touching the faceplate, or in other ways, scrolling up and down or scrolling in a circle, akin to a touch screen. The faceplate will then slide open automatically after Ben chooses his alien, after that, the Omnitrix's core will come out. When pressed, it will trigger the transformation.
- The Omnitrix has a DNA scanner.
- The Omnitrix has a quick-change feature that automatically transforms the user back to normal when they are done using their transformation, causing it not to time out and allowing the user to transform again far quicker.
- Manually touching the Omnitrix symbol not only can allow the user to immediately transform back into normal but can be used to transform into different alien forms while already transformed.
- The Omnitrix has a Master Control.
- The Omnitrix has a Randomizer Function that turns the user into a different amount of aliens at random moments, being randomly selective of the transformations.
- The Omnitrix can add extra features to alien forms in order to make them safer/more stable.
- The Omnitrix can synchronize with another Omnitrix if activated at the same time.
- It is because of this feature that the Omnitrix's counterpart from Dimension 23 has unlocked aliens that it did not have previously.
- Unlike the original Omnitrix and the Ultimatrix, the Omnitrix does not mistransform.
- When Ben switches forms as an alien, he is still manipulating the controls. Switching from alien to alien without changing back to Ben does not always work, and it is bad for the Omnitrix.
- The Omnitrix does not rely on the Codon Stream for transformation. Instead, the DNA is stored within itself in a computerized form.
- The Omnitrix can change the user's gender to adapt to another species.
- The Omnitrix has a 2-way communication system with Plumber Badges.
- The Omnitrix can also record messages, similar to voicemail.
- The Omnitrix has the functionalities of a regular digital watch.
- The Omnitrix adapts the clothing that best fits the alien the user transforms into.
- The Omnitrix has a built-in Universal Translator.
- The Omnitrix has a distress signal function and homing device, as Azmuth was able to find and rescue Ben when was trapped inside the Incursean Exile Pod.
- The Omnitrix has a security lock system so that it can only be used by the user, as well as an alternate identification program if changes by outside forces occurs to the user.
- The Omnitrix has a fail-safe that kicks in in the event that the user's life is in jeopardy. This feature turns them into the needed alien to survive.
- The Omnitrix has fail-safes installed by Azmuth that prevent Galvanic Mechamorphs from tampering with the device.
- Eye Guy
- Four Arms
- Grey Matter
- Way Big
- Alien X
- Big Chill
- Echo Echo
- Water Hazard
- Ball Weevil
- Kickin Hawk
- Pesky Dust
- The Worst
- Decimus Prime
- Fire Crusader
- Bob the Blob
- Decagon Vreedle
- Due to the recalibration, The Omnitrix has lost access to all of the former aliens, but they were just locked, not removed.