Rhenium is a humanoid-headless creature made out of rhenium. His arms end in holes rather than hands, as a gaseous form of rhenium comes out of them. He has red eyes, which, along with his mouth, appear similar to that of Cannonbolt's in Omniverse. He wears the Simplicitrix on his chest.
- Rhenium can generate and manipulate the metal rhenium.
- Rhenium's gas coming from his arms can be used to create a rhenium coating over whatever they touch, and are also able to shapeshift and be used as hands if needbe.
- Rhenium has enhanced strength and durability.
- The metal rhenium, when in bulk, is not magnetic, and as Rhenium's entire body is made of it, he is immune to magnetic blasts.
- Rhenium, being made of metal, is extremely slow.
- Rhenium's body type makes it so he has to turn his entire body to see around him.
- Rhenium's species name comes from the Catalan word, "reni," meaning rhenium, and "gas."
- Rhenium's planet name comes from the Catalan word, "plata," meaning silver, and "fosa," meaning molten.
- Rhenium is scientifically accurate when it comes to his magnetic immunity but not when it comes to his gaseous rhenium.
- Rhenium acts as a sort of catalyst for the creation of Mad Hatter. The concept of an alien being able to generate and manipulate a certain type of metal was reused, though a deadly metal was chosen instead, mercury, and thus Mad Hatter was created.