|First Appearance||Day One|
The Watch is well, a watch, that's attached to Ethan Wellington's wrist, that transforms Ethan into various different alien-creatures.
The Watch is designed to look like a wristwatch, with a primary black color with indigo, the dial in the middle (like a watch face), side buttons and strap are a light lavender grey dial. The watch has green chords strapped around it. The dial has a green hourglass shape. When Ben selects his aliens it shows the alien's silhouette.
Active Mode is the watch's default mode. Actual usage time is unknown (about 10–20 minutes). The watch seems to time out sooner if it's taxed by activities with a lot of moving, like fighting. However, if regular transformations are tampered with, the user can't always turn back.
When the watch times out, it goes into Recharge Mode. It takes around 5 minutes to recharge, though it may take more time if tampered with. Recharge Mode's main purpose is to keep the watch from damaging the user. The watch is powered by a special self-renewable power supply that will long outlive Ethan.
The watch can instantly recharge to protect the user from not only direct physical threats, but when the user's life is in stake.
If the user is knocked out or hurt enough, the watch will revert them to their normal form.
The hourglass, when recharging, also flashes red instead of remaining a solid red as it had when the watch was in its original form.
The yellow setting is known as the Unlock Mode. The watch will change from green to yellow when a new DNA sample is unlocked. The watch will continue to flash yellow until the user transforms into the new transformation. The watch can capture new DNA if it is not present in the playlist, and reclaim lost or removed alien DNA.
- It contains the DNA of over one million species from all over across the universe, and transform into them. The aliens each have their own unique power and abilities (along with their weaknesses). The user can only transform into one alien at a time in select groups of 10. The user can also only be that selected transformation for a limited period of time. (In Earth time, 10 minutes.)
- The watch automatically reverts the user back into their normal form when they get sufficiently hurt or knocked out.
- The watch is able to scan human-alien hybrids in order to unlock the alien's DNA.
- The watch has a quick change feature. Ethan has yet to discover this feature.
- Manually touching the watch symbol, not only allows the user to immediately transform back to normal, but can also be used to change forms while already transformed.
- If someone tried to tamper with the watch against the user's will, the watch creates a large feedback pulse for defense.
- Once placed on the wearer, the watch cannot be removed by normal physical means. For example, Lieutenant Steel attempted to remove the watch from Ethan's wrist until he eventually gave up.
- The watch can show a database image of all aliens unlocked.
- The watch is able to repair genetic damage, Ethan has yet to learn this feature.
- The watch can genetically manipulate DNA or reprogram a species' DNA.
- The watch symbol is generally located on the chest of the transformation.
- The watch has an AI (Artificial Intelligence).
- The watch serves as a communicator when transformed and not transformed, just like the other Omnitrixes.
- The watch can function as a GPS, Ethan has yet to learn this setting.
- When exposed to an electromagnetic interference, the watch can cause unintentional transformations and the watch will be unable to deactivate until the source of the interference is gone.
- This could work in reverse, rapidly changing the user from one form to another until someone/something stops it.
- The watch may or may not give clothing to a transformation. Even when it does, the clothing seems to be random, but they however vary based on the same set of colors as Ethan's shirt. For example, Four Arms has a black and green jock-shirt (similar to Gorvan's) with a long-sleeved white undershirt.
The watch has 10 aliens unlocked, with only 9 revealed at the time. The total number is yet to be revealed.
|Alien||Species||When It Was Unlocked/Obtained/Locked|
|XLR8||Kineceleran||First used in Day One|
|Lodestar||Biosovortian||First used in Day One|
|Heatblast||Pyronite||First used in Origins|
|Four Arms||Tetramand||First used in Origins|
|Goop||Polymorph||First used in TBA|
|AmpFibian||Amperi||First used in TBA|
|Wildmutt||Vulpimancer||First used in TBA|
|Echo Echo||Sonorosian||First used in TBA|
|Diamondhead||Petrosapien||First used in TBA|
|TBA||TBA||First used in TBA|
- Every episode of E-10: Horizons
- Ethan feels like he is somebody else when he transforms into an alien.
- Ethan main choice of aliens are either XLR8 for tasks, or powerful aliens like Diamondhead, his 10th alien or Four Arms for physical combat.