"I know this summer didn't go how I planned, but I wouldn't have changed a single second of it."
"Me neither Grandpa."
-Max and Ben
Max Tennyson is an average Plumber. He fixes toilets, unclogs your sink, but he is also an officer of galactic law. He is a 68 year old space cop.
He is an elderly man with dark green eyes, grey hair, caucasian skin, and a red flower shirt.
Powers and Abilities
- Alien Knowledge: He knows almost everything about aliens due to him working as a plumber for 32 years.
- Plumber Training: He is considered "The Greatest Plumber of All Time."
- Military Training: He fought in the Vietnam War for 7 years before he was recruited as a Plumber.
- Human: He has regular human weaknesses.
- Old Age: He is past his prime but can still defend himself very well.
- Plumber Gear: He carries many different Plumber devices on him and in the Rust Bucket #2.
- Rust Bucket #1: The RV he and his grandchildren Ben and Gwen stayed in during, what he calls, "The best summer of my life." It was destroyed in a battle when he was 63.
- Rust Bucket #2: This RV replaced his destroyed one and he lives in it, by choice, to this day.
- Rust Bucket #3: A spaceship that Max owns and uses for space missions with his grandchildren.
He was 24 when he became a Plumber.
He was 56 when he retired from being a Plumber.
- He has fought Vilgax 18 times.
|Max: Being a hero isn't about letting others know you did the right thing, it's about you knowing you did the right thing.
Ben: What were you just doing, reading greeting cards back at the Mega Mart?
Max: Well... yes.
|Max: Chow time. (puts down a bowl of meal worms)
Ben: Okay, I give up. What IS that?
Max: Marinated meal worms. Hard to find them fresh in the states. You know, they're considered a delicacy in some countries.
Gwen: And totally gross in others.
Max: If these don't sound good, I've got some smoked sheep's tongue in the fridge
|Max: Just because you CAN be an alien all the time doesn't mean you SHOULD be an alien all the time. Now, we still don't know if there are any hidden consequences.
Stinkfly: Well, okay, Grandpa. I'll take it easy...
Fasttrack: ...for a millisecond. Times up!
|Max: I stashed something away in here that should take care of Vilgax.
Gwen: The Null-Void Projector? I thought we left that back in the Plumber's Bunker at Mount Rushmore.
Max: I decided it might come in handy again someday. Unfortunately, I was right
|Max: (as Gwen and Grandpa climb the edge of a satellite looking for a way to get in) There should be a manual access panel around here somewhere.
Gwen: You know, for a guy who never went up into space, you seem to know an awful lot about it.
Max: I never said I didn't go into space. I said I never went into space with NASA.
|Max: Bet Neil Armstrong never had to deal with this.|
|Max: I would say it's nice to see you again, Driscoll, but I'd be lying.|
|Max: Get your claws off my grandson!|
|Max: You sure don't need me any more.
Ben: I'll always need you, Grandpa.
|Ben: This thing can go three hundred miles an hour but it takes three people to flush?
Max: Hey, our old gal's got character.
|Gwen: It's so nice to finally get a little peace and quiet so I can catch up on my summer reading.
Max: Although I can't help feeling it's a little *too* quiet. (slight pause)
Max and Gwen: Where's Ben?
|Max: You know, in all my travels, I never actually saw a crawfish climb in someone's nostril until today.
Ben: (fake chuckle) Glad I could make your day, Grandpa.
|Max: Who you calling old?
Gwen: Ben meant "age challenged."
|Overflow: (after defeating the bad guys) That was fun Grandpa, what can we do next?
Max: Get you to school, Ben. Summer's over.
|Max: Remember to think out there, Ben. Don't just try to muscle it. Might isn't always right.
Diamondhead: I know, but it's always fun.
|Max: How do you expect me to trust you if you keep misusing the watch?
Ben: Excuse me! I used it a hundred times for good. Why can't I use it just once for me?
Max: It's not how many TIMES you use it, Ben. It's HOW you use it.
Ben: It was no big deal.
Max: To you, and that's all you care about.