Mantis Shrimp is the Omnitrix's DNA sample of an Aspectupod from the planet Oculcus. He is a free use alien made by Blake.
Mantis Shrimp takes on the appearance of a bright and colorful crustacean. His eyes rest on two malleable and elastic eyestalks, and he has large tendrils coming from beneath them. His carapace transitions in color on each segment. His primary segment, which covers his head, torso, and just before his tail, goes from orange to yellow, with a tinge of red at the top. The rest follows the rainbow pattern until his tail flap which ends as purple to magenta. His limbs also go along with these patterns to their respective extremeties. The exception is his claws, which end in cyan to blue, but his sharp barbs are purple to magenta.
Mantis Shrimp wears the Simplicitrix on his forehead.
- Mantis Shrimp's eyes allow him to generate and manipulate light. His eyes are also far more advanced than most, letting him see a larger section of the light spectrum as he can perceive about sixteen base colors as opposed to the norm of RGB. His eyestalks also grant him a wider field of view.
- Mantis Shrimp's claws are extremely powerful. Beyond their basic strength, they move at such a high speed they create small explosions on impact. When this power is used in water, his claws boil the water around them. Additionally, the barbs increase the amount of damage he can do.
- Mantis Shrimp has a highly durable exoskeleton.
- Mantis Shrimp can breathe underwater.
- When injured, Mantis Shrimp can absorb light to repair himself.
- While highly durable, Mantis Shrimp's exoskeleton has a certain durability threshold.
- Mantis Shrimp's light regeneration power is quite slow. It is also unable to work in places without light. Though he can generate light on his own, it isn't as effective as an outside source, and would work about as well as Water Hazard trying to drink his own water as it wouldn't be adding anything else to him.
If Mantis Shrimp appears in your series, add it here!
- Mantis Shrimp's species name is a play on the Latin word "aspectu," meaning sight, and the word "arthropod," the phylum of the mantis shrimp.
- Mantis Shrimp's species name is a play on the word "oculus," meaning eye-like, and the Latin word "ulcus," meaning boil.
- Mantis Shrimp was made when trying to mimic the idea of Spidermonkey, being an alien based on and named after a real life animal that has two different animals in its name.
- Mantis Shrimp's healing powers and weaknesses were helped to be made by WTB.
|Alan's Free Use Aliens|
|Original Aliens||Calmybara | Christmas Pine | Crane Fly | Gift Chomp | Level-Headed | Mad Hatter | Poison Dart | Mantis Shrimp | Reverbatim | Simpleten | Snot Goblin | Spectrock|
|Fusions||ChamAlien X | Grey Arms | Heatblastrodactyl | Slapbolt | Way Big Chill|
|Ultimate Forms||AmpFibian | Armodrillo | Jetray | Slapback|
|Omni-Enhanced Forms||Alien X | Big Chill | ChamAlien | Echo-Echo | Goop | Grey Matter | Gutrot | Humungousaur | Jetray | Kickin Hawk | Mole-Stache | Ripjaws | Snare-Oh | Spidermonkey | Swampfire|
|Omni-Kix Forms||Bullfrag | Fasttrack | Nanomech | NRG|
|Ben 23 Aliens||Dr. Manatom | Teenage Alien Windy Turtle | Water Botter|
|Mad Ben Aliens||Stealth Killer|
|Omni-Spell Forms||Four Arms|
|Antitrix Aliens||Bangolin | Brickhouse | Dream Reaper | Fobwatch | Geneius | Hazmatron | Speedline|