Preying Mantis Shrimp Centaur
Mantis Shrimp's appearance takes his name literally. His upper body stands somewhat upright, and is thinner than his lower body, similar to a preying mantis. His arms appear similar to a preying mantis', although the claws are that of a mantis shrimp's, and his head is also like a preying mantis, though he has four, mantis shrimp-like eyes. Mantis Shrimp's lower body is actually that of his namesake, having multiple legs covered by a rounded carapace, and ending in a flattened tail. Mantis Shrimp's exoskeleton is a vibrant teal, and his limbs are a reddish-purple.
Mantis Shrimp is currently set to wear the Omnitrix symbol on his back, though this is subject to change when his design is made.
- Mantis Shrimp's eyes allow him to generate and manipulate light. His eyes are also far more advanced than most, letting him see a larger section of the light spectrum as he can perceive about sixteen base colors as opposed to the norm of RGB.
- Mantis Shrimp's claws are extremely powerful. Beyond their basic strength, they move at such a high speed they create small explosions on impact. When this power is used in water, his claws boil the water around them.
- Mantis Shrimp has a highly durable exoskeleton.
- Mantis Shrimp can breathe underwater.
- When injured, Mantis Shrimp can absorb light to repair himself.
- While highly durable, Mantis Shrimp's exoskeleton has a certain durability threshold.
- Mantis Shrimp's light regeneration power is quite slow. It is also unable to work in places without light. Though he can generate light on his own, it isn't as effective as an outside source, and would work about as well as Water Hazard trying to drink his own water as it wouldn't be adding anything else to him.
If Mantis Shrimp appears in your series, add it here!
- Mantis Shrimp's species name is a play on the Latin word "aspectu," meaning sight, and the word "arthropod," the phylum of the mantis shrimp.
- Mantis Shrimp's species name is a play on the word "oculus," meaning eye-like, and the Latin word "ulcus," meaning boil.
- Mantis Shrimp was made when trying to mimic the idea of Spidermonkey, being an alien based on and named after a real life animal that has two different animals in its name.
- Mantis Shrimp's appearance will be somewhat similar to the Taxxons from Animorphs.
- Mantis Shrimp's appearance, healing powers, and weaknesses were helped to be made by WTB.
|Alan's Free Use Aliens|
|Original 10 Aliens||Christmas Pine | Crane Fly | Gift Chomp | Level-Headed | Mad Hatter | Poison Dart | Mantis Shrimp | Reverbatim | Simpleten | Snot Goblin | Spectrock|
|Fusions||ChamAlien X | Grey Arms | Heatblastrodactyl | Slapbolt | Way Big Chill|
|Ultimate Forms||Ultimate AmpFibian | Ultimate Armodrillo | Ultimate Jetray|
|Omni-Enanced Forms||Alien X | Big Chill | Echo-Echo | Goop | Grey Matter | Gutrot | Humungousaur | Jetray | Kickin Hawk | Mole-Stache | Ripjaws | Snare-Oh | Spidermonkey | Swampfire|
|Ben 23 Aliens||Dr. Manatom | Teenage Alien Windy Turtle | Water Botter|
|Mad Ben Aliens||Stealth Killer|