Jetray is the Omnitrix's DNA sample of an Aerophibian from the planet Aeropela.
Jetray is a red, humanoid, manta ray-like alien with yellow horns extending from his nose, gills underneath his arms, yellow patagia which he uses to fly and glide through water, and two black lightning bolt-like stripes coming down from his shoulders to his Omnitrix/Ultimatrix symbol on his chest.
Jetray is slightly taller than Julie. He is about Ben's regular height, excluding his horns.
Powers and Abilities
Jetray is Ben's fastest flier as he can fly at supersonic speeds. Jetray maneuvers through the air with little to no flapping and accelerates to speeds greater than light with ease. Jetray is even capable of maneuvering through space, a task which no amount of flapping would allow. Jetray's flight speed even allows him to go into hyperspace, which means he can travel across interstellar distances in moments.
It would appear that Jetray has an additional key to flight beyond his wings. In proportion to his size, he has a very short wingspan, although his weight is unknown.
Jetray can fire neuroshock blasts from his eyes and tail that are strong enough to paralyze a Pyronite, as seen when Ben fought against Alan.
His neuroshock blasts can also start fires as shown by Swift.
Jetray is durable enough to withstand gunfire from a fighter jet, though it does cause him great discomfort.
Jetray has enhanced strength, which he demonstrated in fighting Alan and Ultimate Kevin.
Jetray can survive in the vacuum of space and is highly adaptive underwater.
- Enhanced Speed
- Hyperspace Entrance
- Underwater Breathing
- Neuroshock Blasts
- Enhanced Agility
- Enhanced Strength
- Enhanced Durability
- Space Survivability
- Jetray can be hurt by his own neuroshocks.
- Jetray's neuroshocks are useless against certain non-living targets such as robots.
- Jetray cannot walk very well due to his proportionally thin hind limbs.
- Jetray can be ensnared by Spidermonkey's webs.
- Jetray had concept art drawn by Eric Canete, whereas his final design was created by Glenn Wong, with colors added by Chris Hooten.
- Jetray's voice was somewhat high-pitched until Paradox, where it became deeper.
- Dwayne McDuffie wrote an underwater battle scene for Jetray, but it was scrapped.
- Jimmy thought Jetray's name was "Jeffrey" until Ben corrected him.
- Even though Jetray is more adaptive in water, Ben mostly uses him for aerial fights or travels through space.
- His flight and neuroshock blasts are reminiscent of the dragon-like Zok, of The Herculoids.
- Jetray is the only regular alien featured in both Alien Force and Ultimate Alien who made no appearances in Ben 10: Omniverse.
- However, he was mentioned in Tummy Trouble and The Color of Monkey.
- Jetray is the final alien used in Alien Force.