Goltergeist is a transparent, humanoid creature made of a strange, ectoplasmic rock that is light blue in color. His head/neck is elongated, and ends with a five-eyed face. There are also three gill-like scratches on his neck. He has bulky arms that end in tiny hands, and each arm has three green bulbs. He has feet similar to that of a Sotoraggian. He wears a black leotard with a white design on the lower chest/stomach area, as well as black wrist bands with white borders.
He wears the Omnitrix symbol on his stomach.
- Goltergeist walks in a plane between the worlds of the living and dead, giving him the ability to see and communicate with those in the afterlife.
- Goltergeist has a power that mixes poltergeization and astral projection, allowing him to create ghostly versions of the living to walk the limbo-like world he lives in and communicate with the dead directly.
- Goltergeist has enhanced strength and durability.
- Goltergeist is unable to use reverse poltergeization to bring the dead back to life, only to undo the effects on the living.
- Goltergeist is slow.
- Goltergeist's name is a combination of the words "golem" and "poltergeist."
- Goltergeist's species name is a combination of the Japanese words "gosuto," meaning ghost, and "goremu," meaning golem.
- Goltergeist's planet name is a combination of the Japanese words "yurei," meaning haunt, and "zo," meaning statue.
- The idea for Goltergeist was inspired by the Pokemon Golurk, and his design is that of a scrapped concept art piece for Eye Guy.