|Benjamin Kirby Tennyson|
|Age||10 (The Monster)|
15 (Up to 11)
19 (Protector of the Omniverse)
|Affiliations||Madison Elementary School (formerly)|
Team Tennyson (disbanded)
Bellwood High School
Voice of Reason (inside Alien X)
|Powers and Abilities|
Enhanced Eidetic Memory
Exceptional Leadership Skills
Freestyle Hand-to-Hand Combatant
DX Mark 10
|Relatives||Carl Tennyson (father)|
Sandra Tennyson (mother)
Frank Tennyson (uncle)
Natalie Tennyson (aunt)
Max Tennyson (grandfather)
Verdona Tennyson (grandmother)
Gordon Tennyson (granduncle)
Betty Jean Tennyson (grand-aunt)
Vera Tennyson (grandaunt)
Jedediah Tennyson (great-granduncle)
Gwen Tennyson (cousin)
Ken Tennyson (cousin)
14 Necrofriggians (children as Big Chill)
Joel Tennyson (first cousin once removed)
Lucy Mann (cousin-in-law)
Nanomech (partial genetic copy)
|Voice Actor||Tara Strong (10 years old)|
Yuri Lowenthal (15, 16 and 19 years old)
|First Appearance||Thnks fr th Mmrs|
Benjamin "Ben" Kirby Tennyson (born December 27, 1994) is the protagonist of Ben 10: Missing Pieces and Ben 10: Protector of the Omniverse. He first appeared in The Monster. He is a human from the planet Earth, the leader of Alien Force and the wielder of the Infinimatrix. He is the Timeline 1 counterpart of the canon Ben.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 History
- 4 Powers and Abilities
- 5 Weaknesses
- 6 Relationships
- 7 Appearances
- 8 Trivia
- 9 Gallery
In The Monster, 10-year-old Ben had his Heroes United appearance.
In Protector of the Omniverse, 19-year-old Ben has his Heroes United appearance, but he wears a short-sleeved white T-shirt outlined in green, with a black hourglass symbol in the center, with the number 10 in green. He wears long black pants with six horizontal white stripes. His hair also more closely resembles his original series hair, and he wears green shoes with a black outline. He wears the Infinimatrix on his left wrist.
In Protector of the Omniverse, when playing soccer, Ben wears his Alien Force soccer clothes.
Initially cocky, childish, and arrogant, Ben's immaturity and attention-seeking behavior often led him to joke around, regardless of the situation. His allies often criticized his attitude, unaware of the fact that he used humor to mask his fears. Despite some childish attitude, he was heroic, caring and generally good-natured, always willing to save others at any time.
Over the years, Ben has displayed good leadership skills, as well as the ability to adapt his attitude to a situation, becoming serious when it's called for. He became more mature, responsible and sensible. He's kind-hearted, willing to sacrifice even his own life for others. His idealistic views and unwillingness to compromise his values – aspects condemned by Azmuth yet commended by others – sometimes drive him to act against reason.
Prior to Missing Pieces
Ben went through the same events as his canon equivalent as depicted in the original series and Destroy All Aliens.
In The Monster, Ben, Gwen and Max met Malware, an incomplete Galvanic Mechamorph accidentally created by Azmuth, who lost his patience and kidnapped Myaxx to complete himself. Eventually, he was turned into a more powerful form, and planned to kill Azmuth. After failing to reason with him, Ben used Diamondhead to trap him in crystal.
Sometime later, Ben had the Omnitrix removed and resumed a normal life. He kept it in a chest his room.
In 2010, Ben went through the same event as his canon equivalent as depicted in the first two seasons of Alien Force. At the end of War of the Worlds: Part 2, the Omnitrix's roster was reset, giving Ben access to 10 new aliens.
Six months later, in Up to 11, Myaxx teleported Ben, Gwen and Kevin to Azmuth's lab after Albedo arrived, armed with a new device named the Antitrix, and demanded that Azmuth restore his original form. Ben fought Albedo while Gwen and Kevin heard the story of how the Galvans built Galvan Mark II after the Highbreed destroyed the original Galvan Prime. They later interrupted Ben and Albedo's fight to deliver some news. Azmuth explained that he did not have the time or patience to build what was necessary to restore his original form, but he could instead unlock the Galvan sample in the Omnitrix and sync the Antitrix with the Omnitrix so that Albedo would gain access to the sample. Albedo reluctantly agreed and Azmuth did what was necessary. Shortly after Albedo turned into a Galvan, he mutated due to the low-quality components he used to build the Antitrix. Ben tried to cure him with the Omnitrix, but was unsuccessful. Blinded by rage, Albedo started blaming Ben, but Ben quickly defended himself, saying he had nothing to do with his decision to create the Antitrix and that he could still make a better future for himself. Impressed with Ben's wisdom, Azmuth re-unlocked all of Ben's previously-used aliens except for Feedback and left the room with Albedo. Ben expressed that he was going to miss Gwen and Kevin, but Gwen said they still had some time before that was going to happen and promised to visit on special occasions. The trio then returned to Earth.
Protector of the Omniverse
Powers and Abilities
Ben has been trained in hand-to-hand combat by black belt Gwen, Max as well as various years fighting aliens. He is quite skilled in basic hand-to-hand combat as well-armed and unarmed combat and actually uses freestyle fighting.
It's evident that Ben is smart in some respects, possessing an above-average intelligence. He also has fairly moderate grades. Physics and Chemistry are his toughest subjects, yet he still maintains a B+ average.
Ben has an extraordinarily sharp memory. This is even more true for things that interest him.
Ben is also a cross dominant, skillfully wielding tools and weapons in either hand, in human or alien form.
Ben is the wielder of the Infinimatrix (formerly the Omnitrix), which gives him the power to modify his own genetic code in order to turn into various alien creatures. Traditionally, he could only transform into ten aliens at the beginning of both the original series and Alien Force, but he later gains additional forms by either unlocking them or by scanning the DNA of aliens he meets.
When transforming into an alien, Ben gets all the creature's features, including its appearance, voice, all of its unique and special abilities and powers, strengths and weaknesses. Though he mostly retains his personality, there are some cases where the transformation causes a change in it, like with Rath and Juryrigg.
The Infinimatrix has a built-in Universal Translator that allows Ben to communicate with most aliens that don't speak English.
The Infinimatrix has the ability to manipulate and repair genetic damage, a function he used to cure DNAliens and save the Highbreed from extinction with the Omnitrix.
Whenever the Infinimatrix times out, Ben is left powerless until he either dodges or switches to a new alien form. In addition to gaining the selected alien's powers and strengths, he gains its weaknesses. Additionally, at times the natural biological behavior of certain aliens can override Ben's behavior, such as Big Chill's reproductive phase. Furthermore, any illness Ben is experiencing in his human form will also affect his alien forms.
Whenever Ben unlocks a new alien form, he is at a disadvantage of not knowing its abilities and weaknesses until he gains experience with using the new alien.
Despite his experience in using the Omnitrix and Infinimatrix, Ben still does not know every function of them. Due to his inquisitive nature and impatience, he has accidentally unlocked new functions such as the Master Control, which can at times do more harm than good.
Ben has an allergy to peanuts and also used to have coulrophobia, the fear of clowns.
Ben's left eye twitches whenever he tells a lie, but only Kevin appears to notice this.
Ben appears to have a short attention span at times, and more often than not it can get him into trouble.
Though he has matured substantially since receiving the Omnitrix, he is still a teenager with much to learn and is prone to irrational impulses and recklessness.
- Gwen Tennyson: Gwen is Ben's favorite cousin. He feels that they have grown a little distant since she left Bellwood with Kevin to go to college, but he is happy for them regardless.
- Max Tennyson: Due to being busy with school, Ben sees him a little less than he'd like, but takes a few hours every weekend to spend time with him.
- Cash Murray: Ben has since forgiven Cash for bullying him in their younger days and the two regularly hang out after soccer practice with J.T.
- Charlie Grant: Charlie is a fairly new addition to Ben's life, as he moved to Bellwood shortly after Ben retired at the age of 16. The two quickly bonded over their love of Sumo Slammers and became close friends.
- J.T.: Ben and J.T. are slowly bringing their friendship back to the way it used to be. They are teammates on the soccer team and hang out after practice with Cash.
- Jonesy: Jonesy was one of Ben's few friends prior to the summer vacation in the original series. After an event that happened when they were 10, Jonesy discovered Ben's secret, and their friendship grew after that.
- Julie Yamamoto: Although they broke up some time prior to the series, Ben and Julie remain close friends and frequently hang out. While it was difficult to adjust to their new dynamic, they have both come to the conclusion that they are better off as friends, though they don't regret having once dated.
- Kevin Levin: Ben and Kevin's friendship has evolved since he first joined the team. They have moved past their differences and are more open towards each other. Ben considers him an older brother of sorts, and is proud of how far he's come since meeting him in New York in the original series. They have not interacted much since Ben's retirement due to Kevin moving away to be with Gwen.
- Azmuth: Due to the fact that Ben didn't hack the Omnitrix, Azmuth didn't lose trust in Ben. On the contrary, his trust in him only grew stronger over time. Azmuth was disappointed when Ben chose to retire a second time, but, knowing that Ben wouldn't remain retired for long, he created the Infinimatrix. Ben feels that his death was his fault and desperately wants to avenge him.
- Thnks fr th Mmrs (first appearance; on TV)
Protector of the Omniverse
- Credit to Echoson for the infobox image and the fourth image in the gallery and The Awesome Jack, Brandon 10 and ChromastoneandTabby, respectively, for the other images in the gallery.
- Ben's current favorite alien is Diamondhead.
- Ben considers the summer vacation in the original series to be the best time of his life.
- Despite sharing the same birthday, Ben and Gwen were born later and earlier than scheduled, respectively.
- Ben does not have good table manners.
- Ben can play guitar and also snowboard.
- Ben passed the third grade by choosing C for all the answers on multiple-choice tests.
- Ben's favorite color is green.
- Ben's favorite food is chili fries.
- Ben's favorite drink as a teenager is smoothies from Mr. Smoothy's, despite hating it as a child.
- He is still searching for his favorite smoothie flavor.
- Ben has a scar on his body in the shape of New Jersey.
- Ben hates mushrooms.
- When Ben was 10, he used to sleep with his teddy bear, called Furry Freddy. Ben has him stored in a chest with some of his old belongings.
- Before the events of the original series:
- Ben and Gwen once did not speak to each other for two months over an argument about a stick of gum.
- At one point, the arguing between Ben and Gwen had gotten so bad that their parents refused to take vacations together anymore.
- During the road trip in the original series:
- Disliking Max's cooking was one of the few things Ben and Gwen agreed on.
- Ben was secretly sorry for what happened to Kevin.
- Ben still had gym clothes from the first grade in his gym locker.
- Sumo Slammers is Ben's favorite game, book, and TV show - followed by Space Pirates and Weirdworld.
- Ben has a knack for turning his weaknesses into strengths.
- When he was younger, Ben's high energy often got him into trouble. As he got older, he learned to focus that energy into sports.
- Hoverboard-based combat generally requires intensive training and the use of holographic simulators. Ben, however, is a natural at it.
- Ben's remarkable pilot skills in Secret of the Omnitrix are a result of the combination of playing video games and tap lessons Sandra made him take, but he would never admit it.
- Kevin is a better pilot than Ben.
- Ben has a lot of pull with the Plumbers.
|Ben 10: Missing Pieces|