|Benjamin Kirby Tennyson|
|Affiliations|| Ben's Team|
Voice of Reason (inside Alien X)
|Abilities|| Advanced Intuition|
Enhanced Eidetic Memory
Exceptional Leadership Skills
Freestyle Hand-to-Hand Combatant
|Equipment|| Omnitrix (formerly)|
|Relatives|| Carl Tennyson (father)|
Sandra Tennyson (mother)
Frank Tennyson (uncle)
Manny Tennyson (uncle)
Natalie Tennyson (aunt)
Max Tennyson (grandfather)
Verdona Tennyson (grandmother)
Gordon Tennyson (grand-uncle)
Betty Jean Tennyson (grand-aunt)
Vera Tennyson (grand-aunt)
Gwen Tennyson (cousin)
Kenneth Tennyson (cousin)
14 Necrofriggians (children as Big Chill)
Joel Tennyson (cousin once removed)
Clyde Fife (second cousin)
Lucy Mann (cousin-in-law)
|Alias|| Ben 10|
|Voice Actor||Yuri Lowenthal|
|First Appearance||Chapter 1|
Benjamin "Ben" Kirby Tennyson is a human from the planet Earth in Ben 10: Chronicles who wields the Nexomnitrix (formerly the Omnitrix). He is the Timeline 1 counterpart of the canon Ben.
Ben has shaggy brown hair, green eyes, pale skin, and he's quite skinny for his age, though he shows a lot of muscle definition due to being athletic.
Ben wears a black shirt that has a green stripe in the middle with a white 10 and green stripes on the sides of his shirt. He wears brown cargo pants with pockets at the knees and green and white shoes. He later gains a white hooded jacket with green stripes on both arms and a green number 10 on the right side for some time. He wears the Omnitrix and Nexomnitrix on his left wrist.
Ben is confident, comedic, and an incredible strategist. When he was younger, he was much less serious, cocky, and a shoot-first-ask-questions-later type of guy.
His ability to lead has noticeably developed, so much so that his Grandpa Max has consigned him with the responsibility of mentoring five new Plumber recruits, including Lula. He is shown to be very resourceful, making the most with what he is given in any situation.
He cares for others more than himself. He has even given up his own life to save another on multiple occasions. During fights, he always prioritizes keeping civilians in the area safe. He is willing to help anyone in need and see to it that they are able to solve any problems that they might have in the future.
- Photographic Memory- He has some form of photographic memory.
- Combative Skills- He is an excellent hand-to-hand combatant, being trained by Gwendolyn, as well as various years fighting aliens and received essential Plumber training, and has held his own with proficient fighters even in his human form. He is never shown using any specific fighting style but uses freestyle, which helps him to be unpredictable when in a fight.
- Weaponry Skills- He has extraordinary marksmanship with a variety of weapons, most likely due to his experience with using transformations with projectiles.
- High Pain Tolerance- Ben has been shown to be able to recover from and endure more damage and pain than the average Human, being smacked around by large opponents and having large objects fall on him.
- Omnitrix- Ben is the wielder of the Omnitrix, rumored to be the most powerful weapon in the galaxy. Ben has complete mastery over the device and all of his transformations. He is very instinctive, using whatever he is given in almost any moment to his advantage. When he was younger, he would often become a different transformation than what he originally intended to use, but found ways to make them useful most of the time.
- Human Weaknesses- Ben may be a smart, skilled fighter, but without his transformations, he is still just a human. If he is caught off guard or can't react fast enough to an attack, he could potentially be killed. His failsafe prevents him from dying, but enemies can still bypass this.
- Transformation Weaknesses- If one of his transformations is susceptible to a circumstantial attack, he also has a risk of being beaten or even dying if he is exposed to it.
- Illness- If Ben falls ill in his human form, his transformations are also affected by the illness either altering their abilities or inhibiting them.
- Body Underdevelopment- Due to him spending most of his time in alien form, Ben's body is largely underdeveloped and therefore he is both smaller and less physically fit than others of his age.
Finding the Omnitrix
Benjamin Kirby Tennyson was a normal 10-year-old boy, but that all changed when at the start of his summer trip with his grandfather Max Tennyson and cousin Gwen Tennyson, Ben discovered an alien device called the Omnitrix. This was later revealed to have happened because the Omnitrix was locked on to Max's DNA, however, Ben's own DNA was close enough to Max's that is allowed the device to attach itself upon the boy's wrist. On that same night, Ben fought his first battle against one of Vilgax's drones and won. However, when all was said and done, Ben couldn't sleep as the events that happened that day were all piling up in his mind. His grandfather confronted him, and that talk made Ben remind himself if he ever felt unsure about himself or his choice to be a hero, that it was always time to be a hero, hence where his hero cry comes into play, "it's Hero Time."
First Encounter with Kevin
It was during this summer Ben first meets his first rival, later friend and teammate, Kevin Levin. The 11-year-old boy ended up absorbing some of Ben's Omnitrix DNA, causing a major mutation and turning him into Kevin 11.
First Encounter with Vilgax
Ben also has been dealing with the threat of Vilgax, and it was during their first battle that Max revealed the truth of his past and Ben manages to defeat Vilgax for the first time.
Four Years Later
Ben is now a teenager at the age of 15, living a normal life without the Omnitrix. However, when Max goes missing, Ben reequips the Omnitrix. The Omnitrix soon recalibrates itself after being off for several years, locking away all of Ben's old transformations, while giving him 10 new ones in their place. Ben and his cousin Gwen, now more skilled with magic, meet up with Kevin Levin during a weapons deal with the Forever Knights, DNALiens and himself. After the conflict, and the death of Magister Labrid, the three decide to work together and fend off against the Highbreed invasion.
Trouble with Kevin
The Time War
As an evil Chronosapien named Maltruant was gathering pieces of himself scattered in time and space, Ben from different points of time was forced to fight against him and his servants. During their final encounter, Ben used the power of all his transformations to contain Big Bang created by the Annihilaarg and defeated Maltruant.
- Ben voices Vilgax in the universe's Ben 10 cartoon, a nod to how Yuri Lowenthal voices Vilgax in the Ben 10 reboot.
- Ben's life was a chapter and a half in the Plumber's Handbook when he was 16, although it is presumably much longer now.
- His birthday is December 27th, 1996, the same date as his cousin Gwen was born.
- Ben has an apartment in South Dakota.