Benjamin Kirby "Ben" Tennyson was a normal ten-year-old kid until he found the Omnitrix, a powerful watch-like device that allowed him to turn into ten different aliens. Though initially immature and clumsy, Ben grew to be a true hero. By the time he was sixteen, he had become famous in not only his hometown of Bellwood but gained more aliens as time progressed.
Ben's physical appearance has changed throughout the series from a ten-year-old to a sixteen-year-old. However, he retains some recurring characteristics. He has shaggy brown hair, green eyes, pale skin, and he's quite skinny for his age, though he shows a lot of muscle definition due to being athletic.
In the Omniverse flashbacks in which he was 5 years old, Ben wore green overalls with a white shirt underneath it. White numbers saying "5 1/2" were on a black square in front of his overalls.
In the original series and Omniverse flashbacks, Ben's usual clothes consisted of a black-striped, white shirt with short sleeves, military green cargo pants with side pockets, and black and white sneakers with black stripes. Ben wore the prototype Omnitrix on his left wrist.
In Alien Force and Ultimate Alien, Ben wore a black shirt, blue jeans and a green jacket with white stripes and the number 10 on it, and black and white Converse-style shoes. Ben wore the prototype Omnitrix in Alien Force and the Ultimatrix in Ultimate Alien on his left wrist.
In Ultimate Alien, he wore a standard Plumber suit during a few of his off-world excursions.
In Omniverse, Ben wears a black shirt that has a green stripe in the middle with a white 10 and green stripes on the sides of his shirt. He wears brown cargo pants with pockets at the knees and green and white shoes. He later gains a white hooded jacket with green stripes on both arms and a green number 10 on the right side for some time. He wears the Omnitrix on his left wrist.
In Omniverse, while riding the Tenn-Speed, he wears a white helmet with the number 10 on it, a green visor, a short-sleeved black T-shirt, long white pants and a belt with the number 10 on it.
Initially cocky, childish, and arrogant, Ben's immaturity and attention-seeking behavior often led him to joke around, regardless of the situation. His allies often criticized his attitude, unaware of the fact that he used humor to mask his fears. Despite some childish attitude, he was heroic, caring and generally good-natured, always willing to save others at any time.
Over the years, Ben has displayed good leadership skills, as well as the ability to adapt his attitude to a situation, becoming serious when it's called for. He became more mature, responsible and sensible. He's kind-hearted, willing to sacrifice even his own life for others. His idealistic views and unwillingness to compromise his values – aspects condemned by Azmuth, yet commended by others – sometimes drive him to act against reason, such as helping his enemies if they need it (most remarkably Vilgax). Professor Paradox has praised Ben's good nature, going so far as to say he had the gift to make the right choices at the right moments.
However, when Ben fails to save someone, or if someone gets hurt because of his failures, he becomes angry and much more violent. Perhaps the most notable of these instances is when Kevin willingly mutated himself to succeed where Ben had failed and stop Aggregor, Ben was set on killing Kevin, even fighting Gwen when she refused to help him. He also threatened to hunt down and destroy the Forever Knights once making Driscoll promise to cease the hunting of aliens.
Though often stated to be silly or unintelligent because of his immaturity, Ben is cunning and resourceful when needed, quickly adapting when the Omnitrix doesn't provide him with the alien he wanted.
Later on, Ben starts thinking of himself as more of a superhero than a Plumber, often remarking that he's not a cop, but a superhero. Although he once again became cocky, he retained his selfless and heroic nature.
Powers and Abilities
- Advanced Intuition
- Enhanced Eidetic Memory
- Exceptional Leadership Skills
- Freestyle Hand-to-Hand Combatant
- Spontaneous Learning/Understanding
- High Pain Tolerance
- Weaponry Skills
- Hoverboard-based combat
- Human Weaknesses
- Transformation Weaknesses
- Doesn't have a full understanding of his new Omnitrix
- Fear of Peacocks and Clowns
- Left eye twitches whenever he tells a lie
- Allergy to Peanuts
- Still has much to learn and is prone to irrational impulses and recklessness.
- This Ben had no mistransformations with his Omnitrix.
- This Ben never broke up with Julie.
- This Ben is the year 2017
- This Ben met all alternate Bens.
- Ben sometimes goes to Undertown just to hang out.
- This Ben moved to an apartment.
- This Ben visits Omnitrix City (because the city was already built.)
- Ben knows some things about the original Ultimatrix that Eunice doesn't, and vice versa.
- Ben's worst subject is Physics.
- Ben passed the third grade by choosing C for all the answers on multiple-choice tests.
- This Ben is out of school.
- Ben's favorite color is green.
- Ben's favorite food is Chili Fries.
- Ben's favorite drink as a teenager is smoothies from Mr. Smoothy's, despite hating it when he was 11 years old.
- Ben's first crush was Patty Berkinfield from 3rd grade.
- Ben has a scar on his body in the shape of New Jersey.
- Ben hates mushrooms, though this may have been a consequence of his ordeal with the Living Mushrooms.
- Ben has a habit of referring to other members of his aliens' species by the names he gives his aliens because he does not know the names of most of his alien's species.
- As such, he is often surprised on hearing them, such as when he learned from Hokestar that Bloxx is a Segmentasapien, but never admits to this.
- When Ben was 10, he used to sleep with his teddy bear, called Furry Freddy. However, Ben defended himself saying that Furry Freddy had his own bed, which happened to be right next to his.
- This Ben and his cousin Gwen had a Reboot Ben and Gwen relationship from 10-12.
- According to both Azmuth and Sir George, Ben is the same as they were when they were young.
- Sumo Slammers is Ben's favorite game, book, and TV show - followed by Space Pirates and Weirdworld.
- Ben has a knack for turning his weaknesses into strengths.
- When he was younger, Ben's high energy often got him into trouble. As he got older, he learned to focus that energy into sports.
- Ben has a lot of pull with the Plumbers.
- Ben has other friends than the ones seen onscreen,
- Ben still plays soccer when he can
- Overflow, Were-claw, Shock Rock, Slapback, Gax were unlocked when ben met his reboot counterpart.