Alaquartzam appears just as Rocks did. However, his color scheme has changed from yellow-green to yellow-orange, with brown rocks replacing the dark green ones.
- Alaquartzam's main power is mineral magic. He is capable of casting several magical mineral-related spells.
- Alaquartzam can mimic different types of stone or minerals.
- Alaquartzam can use the earth to regenerate by absorbing the stones and minerals from within the ground.
- Alaquartzam has a seismic sense, letting him sense vibrations in the ground.
- Alaquartzam can create earthquakes.
- Alaquartzam is able to easily adapt to different environments.
- Alaquartzam has enhanced strength and durability.
- Alaquartzam's weight makes him slow, have low agility, and sink when in water. Water in general is a weakness for him as it can erode his body.
- Alaquartzam cannot use his geokinetic regeneration if he is on a type of ground without stone or minerals to absorb.
- Alaquartzam's name is a play on "alakazam" and "quartz."
- Alaquartzam's species name is a play on "basalt" and the Byzantine Empire.
- Alaquartzam's planet name is a play on the words "mystic" and "igneous."
- Alaquartzam's working name was Glyphanger, a play on "glyph" and "cliffhanger."